Coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 is a contagious disease first identified in Wuhan, China. Gradually, it has spread all over the world and has resulted in a pandemic. Since it is a respiratory infection, WHO has advised everyone to stay home.
After staying in their home for months, many women feel that they need a haircut or root touch-up. But the risk of COVID-19 infection is still there so they are thinking about whether this is the right time to visit a hair salon in Dorking. Getting a haircut is indeed a bit tricky as you have to be outdoors and come in close contact with the hairdresser and other people in the hair salon. Instead of waiting for the threat to become lower or go completely, you can visit a hair salon after following a few precautions.
Few General Guidelines You Should Follow During The Pandemic
- Maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet or more from other people.
- Wear masks or other face coverings when leaving your home.
- Sanitise your hands or wash them with a suitable handwash frequently and disinfect all the commonly touched surfaces.
- Avoid attending large social gatherings as maintaining the social distance might become challenging.
2 Tips To Follow When Visiting A Hair Salon In Dorking During The Pandemic
- Choose A Hair Salon Following All The Guidelines
Instead of choosing any random hair salon in Dorking, visit one where people follow all the COVID-19 precautions set down by the government. The hairdresser should wear masks not only when giving you a haircut but also during the initial consultation. Look for out-of-hours hairdressers in Dorking. They aim at reducing the number of clients or employees at the salon at a given time by offering their services out of their business hours.
- Check What They Are Doing To Mitigate The Risk
A reputable hair salon should ensure the safety of their clients by undertaking a few precautionary measures to mitigate the risk of Covid-19. Give them a call before visiting the hair salon and get all your queries answered. Ask them whether all their employees and clients are wearing masks, and you can visit them with complete peace of mind. They should ask clients to make appointments instead of randomly walking in the hair clinic and waiting for their turn.
Few Things You Can Do To Ensure Your Safety While At The Salon
- Even if the hair salon you are planning to visit accepts walk-in clients, give them a call and make an appointment before visiting them.
- Carry a hand sanitiser and use it often, especially after touching shared items.
- Wear a mask during the haircut and hold it properly if you ever have to unloop it. Sanitise your hands after wearing the mask.
- Limit your conservation with the hairdresser and others in the salon.
Darren James Bye Hairdressing is one of the few salons following all the published guidelines specific to hair salons and barbershops, so you can visit them with complete peace of mind.